EN SÓLO 2 MINUTOS
Traducciones de expresiones de uso diario
The biggest island in the world just might be made of plastic
Cuando decimos un mar de plástico, no nos referimos a los invernaderos de El Ejido…
On our ‘Save the World’ section, we realize that we can’t save the world alone. We are just trying to do our part. When it comes to the amount of plastic in the world’s oceans, there are a lot of scary stats out there:
About 100 million tons of plastic are produced each year, of which about 10% ends up in the sea. Of these 10 million tons, 80% of it comes from land; the other 20% is dumped by ships. This creates high-profile problems like birds and marine mammals with their feet caught plastic rings or nets. But there is a more serious, less-visible problem, and that is that plastic in the sea is usually broken down into small pieces which are eaten by fish and other animals. Many fish, birds and marine mammals have been found dead with large quantities of plastic in their stomachs.
Equally alarming is the Great Trash Vortex, an ‘island’ of plastic and debris that circulates clockwise in the Pacific Ocean. The island of rubbish is as big as Texas or Turkey!
What can we do? While not easy, each person can reduce the amount of plastic he or she uses. Follow the old saying: reduce, reuse, recycle. And if you need to dispose of plastic, make sure it is either being recycled or going to a place that will dispose of it properly.
Help save the Oceans!
When it comes to – en cuanto a
To end up – acabar
To dump – verter
Mammal – mamífero
To be broken down – descomponerse
Alarming – alarmante
Debris – escombros
Clockwise – en el sentido de las agujas del reloj
PROFESORA DE INGLÉS IN COMPANY, ESPECIALISTA EN BUSINESS WRITING
Errores comunes en inglés: To work "In" something
DIRECTORA DE PROMOCIÓN EXECUTIVE MASTER
Aprende con Sarah a usar en inglés “The end" de forma adecuada
Londres y sus misterios
Jesús J. Gavilán
Must See or Do
Add color to your English with Bristol’s International Balloon Fiesta
Cate Blanchett, one of the most successful Australian actresses
Learn English to the rhythm of Bruno Mars!
Sunday Roast: Alimenta tu estómago y tu inglés